Thank you for your interest in applying to Central College. We accept applications throughout the year and we will keep in touch with you about the program start dates. We have multiple start dates, giving you the flexibility to choose to begin your program. Once we accept your application form, we will review the eligibility for admission and notify the result to the applicant within two to three weeks.
1. Request Information: Have some ideas or questions about your program? Fill out a short form from our website or call us directly. We will connect you with an advisor and your advisor will walk you through the whole admission process.
2. Getting to Know You: Every student is unique. Your advisor will contact you to get to know you better to help you achieve your goals.
3. Apply: Fill out the application form and submit the application form along with all the supplementary documents. Need help? No worries! Your advisor will provide you with guidance.
4. Receive Result: Once the review of your application and required document is over, the Admissions Representative will contact you to discuss the result of your application and help you with the process.
5. Receive Letter of Acceptance: We will issue the Letter of Acceptance if you meet our admissions requirement. Now you may apply for a study permit to IRCC with the official acceptance letter and prepare for Canada.
6. Start Learning: Congratulations! You made it! You can now start learning for your new exciting career. If you have questions or concerns, you can come see your advisor. We are still here for you.
time of class commencement date (those under 18 years of age may apply for the ESL program with the signed consent of his/her parents or legal guardians).
time of class commencement date.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency. Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by submitting one of the followings:
- Grade 10 English or the equivalent
- Proof of a successful completion of a recognized Canadian post-secondary educational program in English for at least two full years of academic study.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 5.0 (Academic or General)
- TOEFL: Minimum score of iBT 45 or CBT 180
- TOEIC: Minimum score of 600
- Successful completion of Central College ESL Level 4 or ESL level assessment test result
satisfying level 4 or above.
* Scores are valid for only two years from the issuance date
Complete an Application Form
Information Technology (IT) Application Form
English as a Second Language (ESL) Application Form
Note: Application forms must be submitted directly to the Admission Office at Central College.
Address: Admission Office, Central College, #200–60 8th Street, New Westminster, BC, Canada V3M 3P1
Submit Required Documents
Copy of government-issued photo ID (i.e. Passport, Driver’s license)
* Once submitted, all application documents including transcripts will not be returned to the applicant nor forwarded to any other educational institutions.
Additional Requirements for International Students
Pay for Application Fees
Wire Transfer Information
Account Name: Central College Inc
Account Address: Unit 200, 60 8th Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 3P1
Account Number: 1003193
Branch Number: 01504
Financial Institution Number: 003
Bank Name: Royal Bank of Canada
Bank Address: 240 – 800 Carnarvon Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 0G3
Bank Swift Code: ROYCCAT2
ABA/Routing Number: 021000021
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
When should I apply for my study permit?
Can I work while I'm studying in Canada?
Am I eligible for receiving financial assistance from the Canadian government?
I want to extend my study permit. Who can help me?
Can I study at Central College?
Original Letter Of Acceptance
You must obtain the original letter of acceptance from Central College which proves that you have been accepted and you are enrolled in one of the programs offered at Central College.
Copy of your Passport
If your passport will be expiring during your first year of study, renew it before applying for a study permit.
Proof of Funds
You will be required to show that you are able to cover the cost of staying one year in Canada by showing a bank statement or any other proof that indicates you have sufficient funds. If someone else is paying for your tuition and/or living expenses, you should submit the proof of funds in their names as well as a letter from them confirming their support.
Please visit the IRCC website to check the minimum amounts that you will need.
Medical exam and criminal history (if requested). A visa officer will send you instructions if you need one. This may add more than three months to the processing time of your application. Find more information about medical examinations.
Proof of custodianship (if you are under 19 years of age)
Additional documents may be required depending on the visa office.
Check Processing Times
If your Application is approved
- A letter of introduction will be sent to you confirming the approval. This letter is not your study permit. Bring the letter of introduction with you to show to immigration officials at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada.
- An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need an eTA. If one is issued for you, it will be indicated in the letter of introduction you receive.
- A visitor visa (temporary resident visa) will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need a visa.
Import Notes about your Study Permit
- Complete your studies (even before your study permit expiry date) OR
- On the expiry date of your study permit, whichever comes first
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) may request you to provide evidences of your study permit. This may be a random assessment or due to specific concerns about your case.
Students who do not comply with the conditions of their study permit may be asked to leave Canada and must not return for a year without written permission.
If you have any questions, please consult Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website or Central College Admission Office.