1. Request Information: Have some ideas or questions about your program? Fill out a short form from our website or call us directly. We will connect you with an advisor and your advisor will walk you through the whole admission process.
2. Getting to Know You: Every student is unique. Your advisor will contact you to get to know you better to help you achieve your goals.
3. Apply: Fill out the application form and submit the application form along with all the supplementary documents. Need help? No worries! Your advisor will provide you with guidance.
4. Wait for the Result: Once the review process is over, you will be contacted by us about the result of your application. We wish you a good luck!
5. Start Learning: Congratulations! You made it! You can now start learning for your new exciting career. If you have questions or concerns, you can come see your advisor. We are still here for you.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent – GED certificate, Dogwood Diploma, or Adult Dogwood – and at least 19 years of age by the
time of class commencement date.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency. Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by submitting one of the followings:
- Grade 10 English or the equivalent
- Proof of a successful completion of a recognized Canadian post-secondary educational program in English for at least two full years of academic study.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 5.0 (Academic or General)
- TOEFL: Minimum score of iBT 45 or CBT 180
- TOEIC: Minimum score of 600
- Successful completion of Central College ESL Level 4 or ESL level assessment test result
satisfying level 4 or above.
* Scores are valid for only two years from the issuance date
Complete an Application Form
Information Technology (IT) Application Form
English as a Second Language (ESL) Application Form
Note: Application forms must be submitted directly to the Admission Office at Central College.
Address: Admission Office, Central College, #200–60 8th Street, New Westminster, BC, Canada V3M 3P1
Submit Required Documents
Copy of government-issued photo ID (i.e. Passport, Driver’s license)
* Once submitted, all application documents including transcripts will not be returned to the applicant nor forwarded to any other educational institutions.
Pay for Application Fees
Wire Transfer Information
Account Name: Central College Inc
Account Address: Unit 200, 60 8th Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 3P1
Account Number: 1003193
Branch Number: 01504
Financial Institution Number: 003
Bank Name: Royal Bank of Canada
Bank Address: 240 – 800 Carnarvon Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 0G3
Bank Swift Code: ROYCCAT2
ABA/Routing Number: 021000021
Frequently Asked Questions
How many classes do I have to take each term to be a full-time student?
How do I apply for student loans?
How can I pay my tuition fees?
Tuition is due according to the terms of any payment plan through the discussion with the Financial Advisor. All tuition and other fees must be paid in full prior to the academic end date specified on a student’s enrollment contract. Please contact us for more details about tuition fees.
I went to another college before Central College. How do I transfer my credits?
A student may be required to submit additional document (e.g., course outline) for the course the student would like considered for transfer credit. Student affairs officer assesses it on a course by course basis to decide whether any credits are transferrable. When some credits are accepted, students will be issued a “Transfer Credit Form” with the officer’s signature for an accreditation.